Centennial Little League is proud to be a volunteer driven association. Many hard working individuals make-up what Centennial is today.
Baseball season volunteer positions:
- Coach - As your role of Head Coach you are responsible for the Operations of the Team. Your key responsibilities include Planning and organizing all practices and games. Ensuring that all team players are being trained/coached in baseball skill as well as an understanding of baseball systems and team play appropriate to the level of the players. Assigning parent volunteers to cover all the specific roles to support you and the assistants and the players throughout the season.
- Assistant Coach - Your key responsibilities are to assist the Head Coach in the training, coaching and development of the players. To support the Head Coaches decisions on player development and positions in games.
- Jersey Parent - Your key responsibilities are to ensure the Jerseys are assigned to players at the beginning of the season and are returned by ALL players at the end of the season. You are also responsible to ensure the jerseys are in good repair before they are assigned to players and before they are returned to the league.
- Team Manager - As Team Manager your main responsibility is the operation of the Team. This includes but not limited to Parent / Coach Liaison, Organization of all Team functions, ensuring parent volunteers are in place for all games and practices. To support coaches with any communication to the team.
- Score Keeping - As a Score Keeper you must be able to properly record outs, hits, runners on base, runs scored. You are also responsible that the players remain in the proper batting order. Other responsibilities include, recording player subs, the other teams subs and runs scored. This position requires you to attend all games or ensure that a replacement for you is at the game that also has a knowledge of score keeping. You are also responsible to ensure the reporting of the score to the Division coordinator as well as the Head Coach.
- Pitch Count - As a Pitch Counter you are responsible to accurately track ever single pitch thrown from your team as well as the opponents team. Record those pitch counts on paper and report them to the Division coordinator as well as the Head Coach
- Umpire Advocate - As the Umpire Advocate you are responsible to identify yourself to the umpire every game. You must be present at the pre game plate meetings as well as any meetings that take place between any coaching staff and umpire. You are responsible to ensure that the Umpire is being treated fairly and with respect. You will support the umpire in any and all decisions made in game.
- Diamond Prep - As the person responsible for Diamond Prep you will need to be available for all games and practices in advance of any start times. Diamond prep includes raking of the entire diamond, painting foul lines and batters boxes, filling in holes as required. Your responsibilities also include reporting to the CLL Equipment manager any issues/repairs needed for the diamonds. Any issues / repairs for the diamond prep equipment and any supplies that need to be reordered prior to them running out.
- Equipment Parent - Key responsibilities include Team Equipment repair or reporting of worn or broken equipment to the CLL Equipment manager.
League volunteer positions:
- League Equipment Volunteer (handout/collection/year end clean up) - Your are responsible to support / assist the CLL Equipment manager in preparation of pre season and post season equipment pick up and drop off. These responsibilities include ensuring that the exact equipment being handed out and in is properly documented and signed off. Any missing equipment is documented and signed off. The organization and preparation of the equipment as needed as well as the transportation to and from the equipment lock up as required.
- Casino Coordinator - As the Casino Coordinator you are responsible to ensure that each and every Casino position is filled by volunteers. Communication to and from the Casino / Volunteers / CLL Board Members. Be familiar with all the positions needed by the Casino as well as coordinate any issues that arise from no show volunteers.
- Picture Day Coordinator - You are responsible to ensure that on the day of pictures you have enough support staff to handle to check in of all Teams, handing out of all hats to every team member. You are also responsible to coordinate / communicate with the CLL Board regarding any issues that arise.